Southern New Hampshire University
Institution Type: A fully-accredited, co-educational, private university offering more than 40 majors in arts and sciences, business, education, culinary arts and hospitality, including three-year programs all designed to help you launch a great career when you graduate.
Distinctions: Fast Company named Southern New Hampshire University the 12th most innovative organization in the world in its World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies. SNHU ranked with such heavy-hitters as Apple, Google, and HBO, and is listed ahead of such companies as the National Football League, Starbucks, and LinkedIn. The Degree-in-Three business programs allowing students to graduate in three years with no evening, weekend, or summer course overloads, are an example of innovations that make a college education more affordable while integrating more real-world experiences.
Enrollment Figures: (As of Fall 2013) Undergraduate Domestic Day Students: 2,900. Undergraduate Continuing Education/On-Line Students: 18,000. Graduate Students: 10,300.
Degree Offerings: Associate of Science (A.S.), Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.),
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), Bachelor of Applied Science (B.A.S.), Bachelor of Business Administration (B.B.A.), Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Master of Arts (M.A.), Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Master of English and Creative Writing (M.A.), Master of Education (M.Ed.), Master of Fine Art in Fiction and Non-Fiction (M.F.A.), Master of Science (M.S.), Doctoral Degree in Community Economic Development (Ph.D.), Doctoral Degree in International Business (D.B.A.), Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership (Ed.D.)
- 300-acre campus in Manchester, NH. 70% of our UG Day students reside on campus while 30% commute from the local area.
- The Degree-in-Three Program in business programs in Accounting, Business Administration, Computer Information Technology, Economics/Finance, Hospitality Business, Fashion Merchandising and Management, Marketing, Operations and Project Management, or Sport Management in only 3 years. Does not require students to attend on nights, weekends or summers. The program is competency based.
- Culinary Arts Program and an award-winning, student run, gourmet restaurant on campus which is open to the public. Students can study either Baking and Pastry Arts or Culinary Arts and pursue bachelor’s degrees in Hospitality Management, or Culinary Management.
- A new 50,000 square foot Library and Learning Commons, housing our current collection of 100,000 books, a café, study areas, and a state-of-the-art innovation lab, just opened in fall 2014, and construction has begun on a new soccer stadium, athletics complex, as well as two new residence halls.
- Study abroad programs guarantee equivalent tuition, room and board and all credits transferred, $1,000 toward airfare, and opportunities to engage in communities outside of the classroom. SNHU pays for the passport if a student earns a 3.5 GPA or higher in freshman year.
- Center for Financial Studies is a unique, state-of-the-art learning lab for our students to learn to trade stocks/bonds.
- Average class size is around 20 students with a student/faculty ration of 15:1.
- Our students are a diverse and engaging group, coming from more than 28 states and over 70 countries.
- With more than 55 clubs and organizations, life at SNHU is busy and active. From the Student Government Association to the student-run newspaper, The Penmen Press, as well as a wide variety of academic, social, Greek, and community service organizations, it’s easy to find your niche!
- Seven varsity teams in NCAA Division II athletics competing in the Northeast 10 Conference won their division in 2013-2014, with our men’s soccer team going on to win the national championship! Our athletics programs also include intramural sports, group exercise classes, club sports, personal training opportunities, and fitness programs:
- Men’s: Baseball, basketball, cheerleading, cross country, golf, hockey, lacrosse, soccer, tennis
- Women’s: Basketball, cheerleading, cross country, lacrosse, soccer, softball, tennis, volleyball
- Intramurals: Flag football, softball, basketball, volleyball, dodgeball, indoor and outdoor soccer, racquetball, and tennis. Mini-tournaments are sponsored in 3-on-3 streetball (basketball), beach volleyball, dodgeball, wiffleball, and team handball.
- Club Teams: Ice Hockey, crew, dance, field hockey, and soccer. Women’s track is also coming soon!
Southern New Hampshire University
2500 North River Road
Manchester, NH 03106
Campus Tours offered daily
Monday – Friday
10:30 AM, 12:00 PM or 1:30 PM
Room & Board: $11,442