New Hampshire Institute of Art
Institution Type: Independent, private, non-profit, fine arts college. NASAD and NEASC accredited.
Enrollment Figures: 2011-2012 academic year – 462 BFA students (68% female, 32% male), 10 UNH, 70 Certificate students and 350 Continuing Education program students (per semester)
Degree Offerings: Bachelor of Fine Arts Degree with concentrations in Ceramics, Graphic Design, Illustration, Interdisciplinary Arts, Painting, Photography as well as Art Education Certification. Minors in Creative Writing and Printmaking.
- New Hampshire’s only NASAD (National Association of Schools of Art and Design) accredited Fine Arts College
- Expanding campus located in downtownManchester, the state’s largest city
- Campus only an hour from Boston, the New England Seacoast and the Lakes Region and only 90 minutes from the White Mountains
- LowellStreetBuilding, a combination classroom and dormitory, is the first urban campus building in the state to include alternative energies in the design
- Student to faculty ratio is 10:1
- Studio faculty are professional working artists
- Study abroad programs inTurin,ItalyandAthens,Greece
- Strong liberal arts curriculum to complement and extend students’ artistic growth
- Teti Library Special Collections contains over 2,000 rare and fragile materials on photography, drawing, painting and illustration
- Apple laptops to all full-time students beginning in sophomore year
- New in 2011 – cafeteria and meal plan