New England College
Institution Type: New England College is a small comprehensive college with a liberal arts focus. Population consists of 1,000 undergraduate and 700 graduate students. It was founded in 1946 as a private, non-denominational, co-ed institution.Enrollment Figures: 1,103 Undergraduates; 1,448 Graduate Students; students represent 33 states and more than 24 countries; 50% Men & 50% Women; 9% International Enrollment; 10% Diversity EnrollmentDegree Offerings: Bachelor of Arts and Science; Master of Arts, Fine Arts, and Science; Master of Education, Doctor of Education.Unique Characteristics:
- Diversity and strength of academic offerings that includes 34 majors and 24 minors in the Arts, Sciences, Social Sciences, Business, and Education as well as a 3+2 Engineering Program with Clarkson University, a 4+1 MBA Program with Union College, and agreements with Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Science for their Bachelor of Nursing, Master of Physician Assistant and Doctorate of Pharmacy programs.
- Faculty have real world connections and Pathways-Academic Success Services foster career development through internships, career preparation courses, and practicum experience, including 13 years of 100% job placement for Education majors, 75 active internships for Psychology majors, hosting a large number of Republican Presidential Candidates in 2011, and recent acceptances for Theatre majors to the Actor’s Studio at the New School.
- Safe and caring learning environment featuring an average class size of 17, 97% of classes contain less than 30 students, and 85% of courses taught by full-time faculty.
- State of the art technology utilizing a campus-wide wireless network, a BlackBoard learning system, and Smartboard technology in classrooms.
- Academic Support through the Pathways Center, the Mentoring Support System, and the Writing and Math Labs.
- Our Campus Location in Henniker, NH, offers a 225-acre residential campus, just 15 minutes from the state capital of Concord, NH. Only 30 minutes from Manchester, NH, with an eclectic downtown and regional airport, 30 minutes from NH’s White Mountain Recreational Area, an easy 1 hour trip to Portsmouth and the seacoast of NH, and lastly, just 90 minutes from Boston, MA.
- New England College Online specializes in online education from a Liberal Arts Education perspective – giving you a solid breadth of knowledge and the support to retain your lessons.
- NEC’s co-curricular activities include over 30 clubs and organizations, two fraternities and two sororities, community service activities with seventy-five percent student participation, campus-wide wireless access, free skiing and snowboarding at Pats Peak, paintball, recreational and club sports, and an on-campus coffee house, café, and Pub where students take part in karaoke, poetry reading, and music events.
- New England College has 17 intercollegiate (NCAA Division III, ECAC, NAC) men’s and women’s teams:
- Men’s: Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country/Track, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer
- Women’s: Basketball, Cross Country/Track, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball
- The campus offers 26 acres of athletic fields, the Lee Clement Ice Arena, basketball courts and fitness center in Bridges Gymnasium, tennis courts, over 3 miles of cross country trails, hiking and biking trails, a 15,000 square foot indoor Astroturf field house facility, and a new outdoor artificial turf field.
New England College
Office of Admission
98 Bridge Street
Henniker, NH 03242
Fax: (603) 428-3155