Hellenic American University
Hellenic American University was established as a United States institution of higher education on May 11, 2004, through passage of an Act of the General Court of the State of New Hampshire and the signature of the Governor.
In less than a decade’s time, the University has received its Charter in the United States; established and strengthened academic programs at the graduate and undergraduate levels; attracted a first-rate faculty and visiting scholars of international renown; sought and received State approval for University programs through the New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission; secured candidacy for accreditation by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges; and awarded degrees to our inaugural classes of graduate students.
Hellenic American University’s undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs are regulated, approved, and regularly monitored by the New Hampshire Postsecondary Education Commission (NHPEC) and its successor agency, the Higher Education Commission.
Students can apply at any time during the year for admission for either the Fall term, which normally begins in September, or the Spring term, which begins in February. The Office of Admissions processes and reviews applications as they are received, and a decision is made soon after supporting materials, such as test scores and transcripts, are received and the Admissions Interview is complete.
The Hellenic Experience
Hellenic American University offers a Study Abroad program, the Hellenic Experience, which is focused on broadening the students’ understanding of other cultures in an English-speaking environment located in an International setting. Hellenic American University offers a journey through the Hellenic Civilization by “walking” from the past to the present.
The journey begins in Athens, the cosmopolitan and historic capital of Greece which inspires the imagination as no other city in the world. Our studies begin here in the very place where Plato taught and the foundations of democracy were established.
Why Study in Athens Greece?
Greece is a reference point for inspiration for world travelers and intellectuals. Characterized by its rich history and stunning scenery, Greece today is still the reason people leave their homes to seek the deeper meaning of life. Students come with expectations of good food, lots of sun and endless seas and leave with a broader knowledge of the world, with memories and experiences which lead to redefining their life goals.
Students come to Athens because it’s:
- a place of thousands of years of history and a city that vibrates with life around the clock
- read about in every schoolbook and invites discovery
- conducive to exploration with beautiful weather throughout most of the year having over 300 days of sunshine
- a crossroad between Europe, the Balkans, Africa and the Middle East
- the capital of Greece, providing access to hundreds of international organizations
- a host to over 300 festivals annually which are modern cultural expressions of a country with a rich history and unique diversity
- a setting that stages rapid economical and political developments.
- the homeland of modern arts and sciences
Why study at Hellenic American University?
Study abroad students, receive individualized attention, stay and commune at the heart of Athens, sit in classes with students representing more than twenty different nationalities, attend specially designed courses with a focus on Greece, participate in field trips and experience the Greek way of life and create lifelong lasting relationships.
The program offers:
- High quality American education in an international setting
- Traditional curricula
- Experiential learning, including engaging co-curricular programs, internships, and international service learning and networking opportunities
- Focus on competency development
- Location in central Athens providing access to multiple aspects of an amazing city
- Fully furnished and kitchen equipped apartment residences that are conveniently available within walking distance of the University and the center of the city
- Access to cross-cultural workshops, events, and other extracurricular activities
- Digital library and state-of-the-art writing center access with full student privileges
- Faculty mentors
- Experienced and supportive Study Abroad Team
- Ph.D. in Applied LinguisticsMaster of Arts in Applied Linguistics (MAAL)
- Master of Arts in Conference Interpretation (MACI)
- Master of Arts in Translation (MAT)
- Master of Science in Information Technology (MSIT)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Professional Master of Business Administration (PMBA)
- Master of Science in Psychology (MSPsy)
- Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Literature (BAELL)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology (BSIT)
- Bachelor of Music (BM)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (BSPsy)
- Associate of Science in Enterprise Network Administration (ASENA)
- Associate of Science in General Engineering (ASGE)